November 26, 2011

Prayer Nudge from a new Journeyman serving as our Father’s Heart, Hands and Voice in East Africa: “Tried to explain to friends where I am staying... and ended up saying, ‘Wow, I get to live here.” The downside? I’m racking my brain all day trying to learn Swahili … Today I learned how to say, ‘I don’t like coconuts’ and am now a pro at ‘Sipendi nazi’... But I sounded so stupid today … Translating a sentence from Swahili to English … I was so confused. I started with, ‘Are his cows good?’ then, ‘Aren’t his cows good?’ to ‘Aren’t his cow good?’ Translating ‘isn’t’ in Swahili isn't easy! Thankfully my classmates excused my ridiculous sentence because I am from Kentucky. In Africa they say people like me are from the bush. So I am from the bush of Kentucky!” ADDED NOTE: The Lottie Moon offering also covers language school for missionaries! More on IMB 2-3 Years Service Opportunities athttp://going.imb.org/2to3yr/default.asp

No comments: